Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
1. Identify each of the following items as either a positive cash flow, negative cash flow, or no effect, and identify the dollar amount. Increase in Accounts Receivable by $5,000 - $5,000 ops Increase in Inventory by $10,000 - $10,000 ops Increase cash revenues by $100,000
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Identify each of the following items as either a positive cash flow, negative cash flow, or no effect, and identify the dollar amount.
2. A statement of cash flows would be least useful in answering which of the following questions?
A) What was the average balance in the Cash account during the period?
B) Did operating activities result in a positive or negative net cash flow?
C) How much cash was provided or used by financing activities during the period?
D) Were cash dividends paid by the company more or less than the net cash flow from operations?
3. Which of the following transactions would increase the net cash flow from operating activities?
A) The collection of an account receivable from a customer.
B) The issuance of capital stock for cash at a price above par.
C) The purchase of a delivery truck by issuing a note payable.
D) The sale of equipment for cash at a gain.
4. Analysis of the investing activities section of the statement of cash flows will show
a. any sales or repurchases of stock.
b. whether the company is shrinking or growing.
c. how corporate growth is being funded.
d. to what extent day-to-day operations are affecting cash flow.
a. Increasing debt
b. Receipt of interest and/or dividends from loans and investments
c. Acquisition of treasury stock
d. Issuance of preferred or common stock for cash
6. Which of the following is not characteristic of the operating activities section of the statement of cash flows?
a. Begins with net income, followed by a list of adjustments
b. Adjusts income statement items from an accrual basis to a cash basis
c. Shows total cashflows
d. Adjusts for items of expense that do not require cash outflows