633 REGULATION CLIENT RIGHTS. PRESENTED by HEAVEN’S HANDS COMMUNITY SERVICES, Inc. . . What Is A Right?. According to Webster Dictionary, A right is something to which one has just or lawful claim. Why Do You Have Rights?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
HEAVEN’S HANDS COMMUNITY SERVICES, Inc.
(OPWDD), Client Rights are found under 633.4 regulation which states: The protection of individuals receiving services in a facility operated and/or certified by OPWDD.
1. A safe & sanitary environment
2. Freedom from physical & psychological Abuse
3. Freedom from corporal punishment. (corporal punishment is the deliberate infliction of pain intended to change a person's behavior or to punish them
4. Freedom from unnecessary mechanical restraining devises.
5.Freedom from unnecessary or excessive medications
6. Protection from commercial or other exploitation.
7. Confidentiality of all information, particularly HIV Status
8. Written Individualized plan of services aimed at maximization of clients utilization of environment, social competency & independence.
9. Services, assistance & guidance from staff who are trained to perform adequately, skillfully & humanely, respecting consumers dignity and personal integrity.
10. Access to clinically sound information on sexuality issues.
11. Observe & participate in religion of choice & right not to participate.
12. Opportunity to register & vote & be educated in civic responsibilities.
13. Freedom from discrimination, abuse or adverse actions related to HIV status.
14. Receive information on services the agency will provide & timely notice of any changes.
15. Use of personal money, regular notice of financial status & assistance required.
16. Balanced & nutritious diet, which is not altered or denied for behavior management or disciplinary measures.
17. Individually owned clothing which fits, is maintained & appropriate for age & season & activity.
18. Adequate & individual grooming & personal hygiene supplies.
19. Reasonable degree of privacy in sleeping, bathing, & toileting.
20. Reasonable amount of safe, individual, accessible storage space.
21. Opportunity to express grievances, concerns & suggestions without fear or reprisal , to any legitimate overseeing person or body.
22. Opportunity to request alternative residence and room and involvement in decision making.
23. Opportunity to receive visitors at appropriate times, for privacy when visited and to communicate freely within & without facility.
24. Opportunity to make of have made decisions regarding DNR.
25. Opportunity to create a health care proxy.