Ven ezu ela - PowerPoint PPT Presentation

aileen
ven ezu ela n.
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
Ven ezu ela PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
Ven ezu ela

play fullscreen
1 / 13
Download Presentation
Ven ezu ela
181 Views
Download Presentation

Ven ezu ela

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

  1. Venezuela By: Sam Newton

  2. Map Key Venezuela- (Green) Colombia- (Pink) Brazil- (Orange) Guyana- (Tan)

  3. Charts&Graphs

  4. Human And Physical Features Venezuela’s human and physical features don’t differ that much compared to the U.S. Although, there are many surprising things about it. To begin with, the total area of Venezuela is 352,144 square miles, and the U.S.is 3,704,083 miles squared. Next, surprisingly for every 1,000 people there are only 100 passenger cars passenger cars. In the U.S. there are 789 per 1,000. Although the population of Venezuela is much smaller than the U.S. with 26,726,000 compared to 299,846,000. The life expectancy in Venezuela is shorter than the U.S.’s 78 years compared to73. Infant mortality is a big issue though with 17 deaths per 1,000 births rather than 6! In conclusion, Venezuela is a very interesting country and the human and physical features are much like any other country. ← Big Crowd, Big Population.

  5. Flag The flag of Venezuela is a very simple flag compared to other countries. First of all, the flag was adopted on February 19, 1945, years after they gained independence in 1811. The yellow represents the Gold of the Americas, the blue stands for the ocean that separates the new world from Europe. The red signifies Spain. After gaining independence from Spain, Venezuela created the federation of the Greater Colombia with its neighbors. They shared the flag that has just the stripes. On 1829, Venezuela left the federation and adopted the current flag. After all, the Venezuelan flag is filled with rich history and detail.

  6. Government • The type of Government in Venezuela is Democracy. • The suffrage is 18 years of age. • Gained Independence July 5, 1811 from Spain. • Constitution adopted December 15,1961. • National Anthem- “Gloria al bravo pueblo.”

  7. Religion In Venezuela there are two major religion are practiced, both are forms Christianity. First of all, Roman Catholic is 96% of the population. Protestant is practiced by 2% of the population. Overall, Christianity is practiced 98% over the whole country, which is very surprising considering the other religions are native. In other words, Native religions are practiced by 2% of the population. The most practiced religion in Venezuela is Christianity, which over 2 billion people in the world practice it. Overall, Religion in Venezuela isn’t very different or uncommon from any other country.

  8. Timeline • (1498-99) Christopher Columbus and Alonso de Ojeda visit Venezuela. It was inhabited by Carib, Arawak, and chibcha people. • (1829-30) Venezuela secedes from the federation of Gran Colombia, and become an Independent Republic. • (1870-88) Venezuela governed by Antonio Guzman Blanco, who attracts foreign investments. This modernizes the economy. • (1958) Admiral Wolfgang ousts Marcos Perez Jiminez. Romulo Betancourt wins democratic presidential elections and starts democracy again. • (2002) 150,000 people rally in support of oil protests, military kills 10, and 110 are injured. Military high command rebels demand president Chavez resigns.

  9. Animals, Plants, &Natural Resources Venezuela’s animals,plants, and natural resources are very similar to any other tropical country. First of all, the native wild cat is the Jaguarundi. These are relatives to the puma, and used to be very endangered. Rice farming is a big part in Venezuela’s economy. It is a staple food in the inland agricultural regions and widely consumed around the world. Also, the moriche Palm tree is a native tree that is used for medicine, wine, and jam. It is only able to grow in tropical climates where there is plenty of sun and water. FInally, Venezuela is a big producer of gold, although people steal gold as well as diamonds from mines illegally. Venezuela’s animals, plants, and natural resources are very plentiful, they also bring the country in a lot of money from other countries that trade with them.

  10. Glossary

  11. Video Slide

  12. Photo Gallery

  13. Works Cited BBC News. “Timeline: Venezuela.” May 2, 2014. http://bbc.co.uk. CIA World Factbook. “Venezuela.” April 25, 2014. http://cia.gov. Religion Facts. “Big Religion Chart.” May 2, 2014. http://religionfacts.com. World Flags 101. “National Flags of Venezuela.” April 25, 2014. http://worldflags101.com.