FSASH/ SPASH (Education Trade Unions in Albania). Trade Unions and CHILD LABOUR IN ALBANIA. EDUCATION TU-s BACKGROUND. TUFESA / ITUAE -the largest and the most important TU-s in the education sector in Albania.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- 1991 - 1999: members’ protection,
- 2000 onward: expansion of the scope (education reform, strategy and quality of education, child labour elimination.)
Child labour isa problem in Albania.
- Street working, around 8 000,
- Collecting garbage, 4 000 -5 000
- Cloths and shoes industry, 3 000-4 000
- Farming: between 15 000 and 16 000
- 120 teachers engaged in working groups and activities
- 130 pupils from 6 schools of 3 districts, subject
- (60 girls in Tirana suburbs, 30 Roma pupils in Elbasan,
- 30 pupils from Macedonian minority, Korca
- Activities with pupils: 18 turned back in school, 32 out of risk to drop out of school, 24 improvements in school performance
- Working groups, monitoring system, workshops, (more than 130 local leaders trained),
- Collaboration with Ministry of Education, local government, other NGO-s
- Communication with members,
- Motivation of teachers, involving pupils and parents
- decrease the number of pupils dropped out from the school,
- decrease the number of working children
- Develop questionaries with detailed data, prepare individual intervention plans
Seminars and other activities should be focused on the following issues:
- Enlarging the number of teachers engaged and
- Involving other branch trade unions
- Since the beginning, joint trainings on internat. standards and CHL
- Conference: ITUC, KSSH, BSPSH, October 2004
- Adoption of Special Resolution in the Congresses of KSSH in November 2004,
-Participating: EI, representatives from: 6 countries of the region,
- A working plan elaborated, follow-up activities...
- Other two activities, (RT), in 2008 – concrete actions –textile, building ..
- Joint Agreement in April 2008- wide participation,
- State Labour Inspectorate, involvement and special RT,
- ILO-IPEC MP - another step forward-second level-regional
- For the first time, fsash/spash engagement, Ministry support,
- Achievements-basis for further insistence-remuneration,
- Impact of our trade unions work to the Ministry and the Government.