Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author. While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
President’s Update SuhailRaoof, MBBS, FCCP August 25, 2012
1. Strategic Plan Progress • Deliver diverse education portfolio-General Activities • Reviewed and finalized Lung Cancer III Guidelines • Difficult Airways Course- July 2012 • Completed Bronchoscopy courses in August 2012 (fundamental, EBUS, collaboration STS) • Continued work and progression on Mass Casualty Critical Care Consensus Statement Document
1. Strategic Plan Progress • Deliver diverse education portfolio-General Activities • Work towards an agreement to manage APCCMPD (Training program directors) • Board Review Courses completed and 1/2 day: • Mechanical ventilation • Lung pathology • ABIM MOC programs during the board reviews • Coding book 2013 (final edits-out early 2013)
1. Strategic Plan Progress • Deliver diverse education portfolio-Chest • Work on radiology App's in preparation for CHEST 2012 • New educational gaming strategy at CHEST 2012 (fun while you learn--new grant ) • Implementation of self-study stations at CHEST 2012 (Chad’s jewel in the crown) • Invitations and acceptance for all CHEST 2012 abstracts, case reports, global case reports, late-breaking abstracts, etc.. -
1. Strategic Plan Progress • Deliver diverse education portfolio-International • Completed Moscow- LUPIN educational program in August 2012 • Proposal and discussion for transformation of international regents and governors to Council of Global Governors -
May 10 – 12, 2012, Iasi, Romania Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Mechanical Ventilation at HomeState of Science and PracticeConference with International Participation endorsed by ACCP 1. Strategic Plan Progress • a. Deliver diverse education portfolio-International
1. Strategic Plan Progress-International • 9 International Speakers • 83 Romanian Speakers • 140 Registered Participants • 3 Simulation Courses • Satellite Event: "Sleep Medicine Course - Modern Treatments Applied in Sleep Apnea Syndrome” • 5 Media partners
1. Strategic Plan Progress • Grow ACCP community • Finalized Madrid as site for CHEST World Congress 2014 • Hosted CCSC Retreat July • CCSC session planned for CHEST on VAE • Increased awareness of ACCP and cardiopulmonary disease • Lisa Moores appointed to CDC VTE stakeholder group • ACCP branding study partner selected; project kicked off • Implement new technology infrastructure • Continued work on integration and transfer of data to REMEDYMD platform for AQuIREregistry. • Beta-testing of Learning Management System (LMS) at Airways, bronchoscopy and board review courses.
1. Strategic Plan Progress • Strategic leadership/organization alignment • Leadership Development TF: • Course finalized for CHEST 2012 • Mentor website under construction-go live by CHEST 2012 • Finalizing mentorship stories (fill in #)-completed by CHEST 2012 • Governance improvements via new Board profile/checklist for Nominating Committee • Maintain strong financial base • Fund, design and build new headquarters
Happy Disciplined Bernie Roth, MD, FCCP
2. Enhanced Communications (BoR) • Statistics ( BOR site log-ins) April 37 May 61 June 68 July 90 August 84 Maximum hits in August—Dr. Behrakis: 12
2. Enhanced Communications (BoR) • Launch of NetWork needs assessment survey in August to track clinical and non-clinical areas of relevancy (hope to make this an annual survey) • Work with focus groups: • Sleep (David) • IP (Darcy) • CC (Mike)
2. Enhanced Communications (IT Platforms/Journal) • Preparation and launch of communication efforts for CHEST 2013 • Work on articles with healthcare reform and strategy through collaboration of CMA, PMC and Governors • AMS discovery meetings between staff and AvectraNetForum(finalizing business information to capture) • CMS/Web implementation underway • New CHEST Publications platform launched July 10 • New CHEST journal app approved and posted in iTunes
3. OneBreath/Chest Foundation Program Update -maintain a strong and diverse financial base -increase public awareness and branding • Received a grant of $120,000 from Genentech for a clinical research award in lung cancer for CHEST 2012, 2013 (now 2 total) • Phil Zepeda’s pilot program “Puff Free Tobacco Prevention” • reach 100 classrooms in 100 days. (Dr. Vender involved) • Lung Lessons • The Foundation hired its first Editorial Manager, Barbara Granner • Expand CF patient education materials, and assist in cause marketing and fundraising projects. • Triple Threat
3. OneBreath/Chest Foundation Program Update -maintain a strong and diverse financial base -increase public awareness and branding • The Evening At The Georgia Aquarium: • corporate funding secured • title sponsor at the $100,000 level- BI • several oral commitments of $50,000 • anonymous commitment of $50,000 • promotional material and virtual invitations are being sent out • A call for Trustees has been sent to both boards and also promoted through Newsbrief • The Foundation seeks 3 new Trustees from November 2012.