Facilitation . The Key to Productivity in the Workplace. FACILITATE. - TO MAKE EASIER (Webster’s 11th Collegiate Dictionary ). INDIVIDUAL VS. GROUP DECISION MAKING THE MENTAL ASPECT.
-TO MAKE EASIER
(Webster’s 11th Collegiate Dictionary)
VS.GROUP DECISION MAKING THE MENTAL ASPECT
THEY DO NOT
CONTRIBUTE IDEAS OF THEIR OWN
MANAGING PROCESS IS YOUR ONLY JOB
“Put your energies into guiding rather then ruling. The more unobtrusive you lead, the more people will grow and learn to use their powers wisely. Make your aim as a leader to be unnoticed and eventually unneeded!”
--from My Tao, by R.W. Russell
SEPARTING ROLES: LEADER
(Facilitator, Leader, and Member)
Can you be Captain, Coach, Quarterback, Referee, and Cheerleader all at the same time?!Which Role(s) would you give up; keep?
He/She is the Neutral
Servant of the group.
With the basic decision making process and the specific “road maps,” proper facilitation will help you avoid potholes and detours, and get you where you want to go in an efficient, effective manner.
different tools. Which do you want to try first?
12) It’s your team/group/meeting.
13) Terrific! You’re all terrific!
14) Gee, you all look tired/sad/unhappy….
15) I’m feeling frustrated – what about you…?
16) Let’s review the Team Memory and see if we can get back on track.
17) Are you discussing what to do, or how to do it?
18) Could we slow down; I don’t think everyone is clear on what
the problem is?
19) It’s not the role of the facilitator to solve your problems.
20) Let’s freeze and look at our process.
21) It’s good to share information, not evaluates right/wrong.
22) We need to remember where we are in the P-S process.
23) Go slow now to go fast later.
(say the unsayable)
KNOW WHERE YOU’RE GOING
PAVE THE WAY
DEFINE YOUR ROLE
by: Kenneth Blanchard, Donald Carew,
and Eunice Parisi-Carew
2) The Wisdom of Teams
by: Jon R. Katzenbach, Douglas K. Smith