Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
I.M. SECHENOV MOSCOW MEDICAL ACADEMY: WHO COLLABORATING CENTRE FOR QUALITY IMPROVEMENT IN EDUCATION AND TRAINING OF HEALTH PROFESSIONALS (in progress) Litvicki Peter, vice-rector 28.04.2008. 1. The questions to be discussed:
I.M. SECHENOV MOSCOW MEDICAL ACADEMY:WHOCOLLABORATING CENTREFOR QUALITY IMPROVEMENT IN EDUCATIONAND TRAINING OF HEALTH PROFESSIONALS(in progress)Litvicki Peter, vice-rector28.04.2008
* Assurance of institution educational competitiveness.
* Capacity and Strengths of I.M. Sechenov Moscow Medical Academy.
* Proposed terms of reference and potential contributions to the WHO Human Resources for Health (HRH) programme.
2. High quality of educational programs and organization of educational process in an institution secure in the best way its high level of competitiveness
In medical institutions it is provided by:
1) quality system of basic medical education;
2) effective system of postgraduate professional training;
3) mobile system of continuous professional training.
At all these stages it is advisable to consider recommendations of WFME Global Standards for quality improvement in medical education.
* MMA is known for its rich, long-standing history. The Academy is the direct legal successor of the Medical faculty of the Emperor’s Moscow University founded in 1758. The Academy is celebrating its 250th anniversary in 2008!
* The studies at Medical faculty were organized on the basis of progressive German educational system.
The traditions and principles of this system are still highly respected nowadays and are applicable to our educational system.
* Today, MMA is a leading educational, academic and clinical center in Russia.
The Academy is one of the largest medical schools in the world.
* MMA is a major centre for training, certification and upgrading medical personnel at the 14 different departments, 8 of which are specializing in undergraduate training, and 6 – in postgraduate one.
* More than 10000 undergraduate students and about 30000 specialists are annually trained in the Academy.
Approximately 2000 of them are international students from over 70 countries.
* The educational process in the Academy is divided into three stages: 1) basic medical education, 2) postgraduate professional training, 3) continuous professional training.
* More than 2500 professors and scientists are involved in the educational training of students and specialists.
* Over 85% of lecturers have Ph.D. and D.Sc. degrees, more than 110 are members of the Russian Academy of Sciences, and also members of international academies in Europe and USA.
* The Academy has well-developed infrastructure, material and financial resources, high economical strengths.
Moscow Medical Academy
- 20 buildings for teaching activities
- Practical skills improvement Centre
- Clinical Centre for 3500 beds and out-patient departments
- Research Centre including 5 Research Institutes
- Fundamental Scientific Medical Library
- Botanical garden
- 4 students hostels
- Self-service restaurants
- Sports Centre
- Museum of History of Medicine
- Foreign Languages Centre for medical Profession
5.1. Proposed terms of reference and potential contributions to the WHO HRH programme:
1) to provide national support in developing accreditation in health profession`s education in accordance with WHO-WFME guidelines and WFME standards for quality improvement (European specification).
2) to contribute to the development of the Avicenna Directories / Global directories of education institutions for health professions.
5.2. Proposed terms of reference and potential contributions to the WHO HRH programme:
3) to conduct research, provide evidence-based technical advise and promote best practices in the implementation of Bologna Process in health profession`s education.
4) to provide logistical, technical, administrative support and co-organize WHO workshops, study visits, as agreed between WHO/HRH and the institution on a per case study.
We hope that MMA membership will be a constructive contribution
to the WHO and WFME activities!
Thank you for your attention!