Vocabulary Unit 7
1.bruise • A place where your skin is purple, or green , where you have hurt yourself. • 2.sling • A piece of material you tie around your neck to hold your arm when you hurt it.
3. First aid kit • A box with plaster and bandages in it, • to help you when you hurt yourself. • 4. Patient • A person who sees a doctor he/she is ill or hurt. • 5.disaster • An event that causes a lot of harm or damage, such as earthquakes, floods, volcanoes, etc.
6. Breathing apparatus • A special mask that helps you breathe when there is a lot of smoke and fire. • 7.trap • To keep somebody in a place in which he/she cannot move or escape
8. rescue • To take someone away from a danger place to a safe place. • 9.flood • When a lot of water suddenly covers • a place
10. crew • A group of people who work on a ship or an airplane
Choose the correct answer1. The heavy rain has caused [flood, rescued, sling] in many parts of the country. 2. Shady [flood, rescued, sling] a child from drowning.3. Sally fell in the park and now she has got a big purple [flood, rescued, bruise] on her leg.4. He broke his arm and he had to have it in a [flood, rescued, sling] for a week.5. My father always keeps a [first aid kit, rescued, sling] in his office and in his car..
6. They became [trapped, patient, rescued] by the rising flood water.7. Firemen sometimes have to wear [sling, breathing apparatus, bruise] 8. The ship [sling, crew, first aid kit] was really active and brave. 9. Are you a [patient, crew, sling] in this hospital? No, I'm just visitor. 10. The earthquake is a terrible [trapped, sling, disaster].
Story words 1:10
1.Owner • Someone who owns something • 2.frown • To bring your eyebrows together so that you make lines appear on your forehead when you are angry.
3. Knocker • A piece of metal on a door that you use to knock loudly. • 4. Terror • A feeling of extreme fear. • 5.frighten • To make someone feel afraid
6. ghost • The spirit of a dead person that someone can believe they can see or feel. • 7.cellar • A room under a house.
8.partner • Someone you work with or play a game with. • 9. depend • To need someone's help in order to live or to continue.
10. Dressing gown • A piece of clothing like a long loose coat that you wear before you go to bed. • 10. Dressing gown • A piece of clothing like a long loose coat that you wear before you go to bed.
Choose the correct answer 1. The painting has been returned to its rightful [frown, owner, knocker]. 2. She looked at her exam paper with a [ghost, cellar, frown] 3. People ran away from the explosion in [terror, owner, cellar] 4. He looked very frightened as if he had seen a [owner, ghost, knocker]. 5. I [depend, frown, frighten] on the map, but it was completely wrong.
1- pack # unpack • 2- certain # uncertain
3- Important # unimportant • 4- Load # unload • 5- Necessary # unnecessary
6- Patient # Impatient 7- Polite # Impolite
8- Movable # Immovable 9- Proper # Improper 10- Possible # Impossible
Choose the correct answer • 1- If we don’t hurry and [pack- unpack] our suitcases, we may miss the train. • 2- Are you absolutely [certain, uncertain] that you gave them the right number? • 3- I’m [certain, uncertain] that he’s telling the truth. I don't know. • 4- It is [important- unimportant] to have an English dictionary at home. • 5- The porter is going to [load, unload] our bags at the airport.
6- Should I bring my passport? No, it won’t be [necessary, unnecessary] • 7-Teachers must be [patient- impatient] with slower students. • 8- The boy isn’t [polite- impolite]. He always talks back to his mother. • 9- Father bought me some toy soldiers with [movable, immovable] arms • 10- You must talk to your teachers in a [proper- improper] way. • 11. It is [possible- impossible] to sleep in all that noise.