Hearing loss is a common problem in elder people. But, as the population of adult rises, so does the problem of hearing loss. Our Adult programs & services in hearing loss aim to solve the problem. Hearing loss in adults. Here are some symptoms of hearing loss: You frequently have to ask people to repeat themselves...
A guide by. Hearing solutions
Hearing loss is a decrease in the ability to perceive sounds.
It can be partial or total, sudden or gradual, temporary or permanent.
It can affect one ear or both.
In general the risk of hearing loss increases with age.
• Ear infection
• Loud noise exposure
• Certain medicines
• Ear and head injury
• Born with an ear problem
• Family members with hearing loss
• Sounds are muffled.
• High pitched sounds are hard to hear.
• Words are difficult to understand when there is background noise.
• You ask others to repeat, or speak more slowly, clearly or loudly.
• Protect your ears from loud noises.
• Have your hearing tested.
• Avoid loud noises such as music, motorcycles or snowmobiles.
• Wear earplugs when working with machines or around loud noises.