Five steps to success. To be successful at online sales and marketing you need to look after five key areas: - You need a strong, clearly defined brand.
Let’s look at each key area in more detail: 1. A STRONG BRAND A strong brand creates a sense of expectation which boosts the effectiveness of your sales and marketing efforts.
To create a strong brand you need to: Clearly define your position in the market place (what you do, how you do it and what the benefit are)
Create a memorable, meaningful and likable brand personality which people can relate to
Offer an engaging brand experience that connects with people on an emotional level.
2. ATTRACT ATTENTION Without the ability to attract attention you will be invisible to any lead generation opportunities.
To attract attention you need to: Do things differently so you get noticed.
Engage with you prospects. Remember, as you are busy building a relationship you are not selling yet. Your products should stay at home.
3. RETAIN ATTENTION You need to retain people’s attention to give you time to build meaningful relationships and be there when they are ready to buy.
To retain attention you need to: Create a place where people can reliably find answers to their needs.
Foster self-expression so people have a fulfilling experience and feel valued.
Now, as a trusted thought leader, prospective clients will ask you to present your solution to their problem.
4 CONVERSION Attention has little value unless you apply the art and science of converting that attention into sales.
To convert attention you need to:Heighten awareness of the prospective client’s problem.
5. TRANSACTION VALUE To maximise the ROI from your marketing efforts you need to increase the transaction value per customer.
The roadmap is a process of continually identifying the weakest areas in the chain and strengthening them.
BRANDING - Define the brand position.
CAPTURE ATTENTION - Set up content sources.
- Generate initial awareness through advertising, press releases, etc.
RETAIN ATTENTION - Create social media communities on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, SlideShare, etc.
- Create ‘stickiness’ on your website with a newsletter, blogging, apps, presentations, etc.
CONVERSION - Empower your website for sales with solution selling (Pain, Impact, Vision)
- Know you client and personalise your content accordingly. Look at the DISK profile system.
TRANSACTION VALUE - Upsell, cross-sell and sell again.
PROFIT All the above feeds into your revenue generation processes. Strengthen them continually.
Thank you for watching this WAKSTER presentation. You can access the list of questions and download the free ROADMAP flowchart from the WAKSTER.com website. www.wakster.com