Psychoanalysis (4): The Return of the Repressed. Structure of the Mind, Child Development & Love Dream and Sexual Symbols Lacan – Desire & Split Identity Psychological Disorders & Edgar Allan Poe. Outline. Q & A on Freud and Lacan Art and psychoanalysis
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Structure of the Mind, Child Development & Love
Dream and Sexual Symbols
Lacan – Desire & Split Identity
Psychological Disorders & Edgar Allan Poe
4. That against members of one's own sex
5. the transferring of the part played by the genitals to other organs and areas of the body" (Introductory Lectures 15.208)
(Freud, Sigmund. The Standard Edition of the Complete Psychological Works of Sigmund Freud. Trans. James Strachey. 24 vols. London: Hogarth, 1953-74. )
An Artist with a
Keen Awareness of
2. Ligeia’s illness, her reading of `Conqueror Worm’ and her death;
3. The narrator wanders around in grief, purchases an old abbey `in one of the wildest and least frequented portions of fair England,’ and then marries Rowena. The Chamber described, also the fearful relationship between the husband and the wife;
4. Rowena gets sicker and more and more tortured by visions;
5. The night she is dying, the narrator tries to resuscitate her. . . .