Welcome To Rural Sociology 2225 “Science, Technology and Society” . Mary Grigsby Associate Professor of Rural Sociology Division of Applied Social Sciences. Class Business Grading of Take-Home Exercise Classroom Management Professionalism and Courtesy Guidelines.
Associate Professor of Rural Sociology
Division of Applied Social Sciences
1. List three values that are “widely regarded as integral to the enterprise of ethics in contemporary Western societies.” (3 pts)
Freedom, justice, human rights, life, liberty, privacy ….
2. List and describe the four kinds of consideration that McGinn says are pertinent to ethical decisions and judgment making. (8 pts)
1. The Facts of the Matter
2. Affected Patients and Their Interests
3. Key Concepts, Criteria, and Principles
4. Ethical Theories and Arguments
exceptionless moral principle
4. The story of Tzu-gung and the Gardener suggests and Alcorn maintains that there is a relationship between technology and evolution. Explain this relationship and what it means for humanity and the world. (3 pts)