GO!. MORE INFOS ON VALERIO ACOCELLA. MAIN RESEARCH TOPICS Oceanic and continental rift architecture Structure of volcanic arcs and back-arcs Fault propagation and interaction Caldera formation Resurgence Dike emplacement Volcano collapse. more…. MAIN METHODS Field analysis
Oceanic and continental rift architecture
Structure of volcanic arcs and back-arcs
Fault propagation and interaction
b) Convergent Plate Boundaries
c) Hot spots
V.A. is author of 96 papers, 89 of which on international journals.
V.A. is the first or only author in 58 papers.
Current h-index = 24 (ISI)
V.A. has >180 presentations and abstracts, largely at international meetings, 10 of which solicited
MAIN RESEARCH PROJECTS:
- Project DPC-INGV V2 (2012-2013) “Eruptive precursors”.
- Project PRIN (2011-2013) “Tectonomagmatic relations at divergent plate boundaries”.
- Project ASI-JAXA (2011-2013) “InSAR techniques in volcanic areas”.
- ITN FP7-People-2010-ITN 2011-2015 “Topomod”.
- Cat-1 ESA (2010-2012) “Caldera dynamics and related tectonic setting”.
- PICT 2009-2012: “Magmatism in NW Argentina”.
- DPC-INGV V4 2008-2010 “Flank instability at Etna”.
- Project INGV-DPC 2005-2007 “Structural setting of Campi Flegrei”.
- Project INGV-DPC V2 2005-2007 “Monitoring and research at Stromboli and Panarea”.
- Project INGV-DPC V3 Vesuvius 2005-2007 “The feeding system of lateral eruptions”.
- Project Cofin/PRIN 2004-2005 “Central Andes”.
- Project PRIN 2002-2004 “The transition from the Ethiopian Rift to Afar”.
- Project IGCP n. 455, 2001-2006 “Volcanoes and their basement”.
- Project GNV 2001-2004 "Structural features of volcanism at Campi Flegrei”
- Project Murst 2000-2001 “Magmatism and volcanism in the Main Ethiopian Rift”.
THE WORLD IS …OURS
Lucky enough, I had the chance to roam around, studying wonderful pieces of nature. Marco Neri, Agust Gudmundsson, Tesfaye Korme, Bekele Abebe, Jim Cole, Karl Spinks, Takeyoshi Yoshida, Ryoichi Yamada, Ricardo Omarini, Roberto Mazzuoli, Luigina Vezzoli, Alessandro Tibaldi, Andrei Kozhurin, Vera Ponomareva, are just some of the friends who enthusiastically shared with me weeks of field work, opening my mind.
For the first time in the history of mankind, our generations can roam around the globe. From Roma to Pagan, from Puna to Kyoto, from the Kasbahs to Angkor-Wat, from Tongariro to Esfahan, from Alchi to Cerro Torre, from Hong Kong to Askja, from Van to Dunhuang, from Bali to Bay Area, from Registan to Petra, from Sydney to Taj Mahal, from Lhasa to Fakarawa, from Matamanoa to Atacama…Feeling the breath of Earth, so that the Earth becomes the throne. Now that it is time to feel the breath of my daughters, I wish Flavia and Elena to have the same chance as I had.