Chez Damla Group Red Devrim Yılmaz Ebru Günlü Selin Yılmaz İge Pırnar Stage 1
Damla is an outgoing person with akeen sense of humor who enjoys talking with other people. She has spent her working life in the catering trade largely in public houses. After moving form London, Damla was pleased to accept the opportunity of a partnership in managing Chez Damla, a public house and restaurant situated on the coast of İzmir.
1. Evaluate the situation concerning partnership rights in formal and informal issues.
2. Discuss the ethical concerns associated with behavioral aspects shown in the case
The country Club Hotel has 75 bedrooms in a modern building with conference facilities with 180 people. It is set in a beautiful countryside and with a high standard leisure center. Damla quickly struck up a friendship with the restaurant manager and gained a reputation for being a more than competent chef, uncomplaining at the long hours of work.
1. What are the qualifications and accepted behaviors of restaurant chefs?
2. Evaluate the ways of handling the guest complaints.
3. What are the ethical conditions for promoting?
4. If you were the hotel manager, how would you handle the situation?
After having reviewed this case, the students will be looking for information on:
1. Aspects of partnerships in hospitality
2. Mobbing and ethical issues in hospitality
3. The importance of job descriptions and job specifications
4. Consumer satisfaction and dealing with guest complaints
5. Importance of service quality and the components of service quality.
6. Behavioral norms of staff in hospitality