Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Modernisation of clinical scientist training in Medical Physics and Clinical Engineering. Amicus/HPA Annual Delegate and Professional Conference 20 th October 2006. Drivers for change. Modernisation of pre-registration education and training Independently quality assured
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Amicus/HPA Annual Delegate and Professional Conference
20th October 2006
Scope of Practice
Standardised Education and Training
4. Report and interpret results of investigations, procedures or processes for patients / samples / measurements / technology
5. Monitor and report on progress of the patient conditions / technology and the need for further intervention.
6. Apply and maintain and be capable of setting quality standards, control and assurance techniques, including restorative action, assure high quality interventions across all clinical scientific and technological activity.
7. Provide clinical and/or scientific advice and information to healthcare and other professionals, patients and their carers to support effective assessment, diagnosis, management and treatment of patients and/or patient services.
8. Communicate clinical and/or scientific knowledge to a range of audiences, including professionals and patients
9. Plan, organise and prioritise own work activities, practices and tasks
10. Undertake peer reviewed research and disseminate results.
11. Using Knowledge Management techniques including critical appraisal undertake audits and service development to improve quality of service provided.
Nuclear Medicine Physics
Biomechanical Evaluation and function
Medical Instrumentation and Computer Science
Medical Engineering Design
Medical Equipment management
Proportion of trainees
Higher specialist areas
Broad scopes of practice
1.Plan a range of investigations/ procedures/processes to support patient care in the context of patient, samples and/or technology.
CC 1.2 Identify problems, formulate hypotheses and develop an experimental plan to resolve a problem;
Develop methods to evaluate new and existing imaging technologies
CC 1.3 select and use appropriate measuring equipment;
CC2.1 Apply basic engineering principles to health care
ED1.2 Prepare and present an appropriate outline project plan