Software Product Line Architectures (SPLA). Nipun Shah 999-33-3588 email@example.com. Overview. SPLA - Introduction COPA FAST FORM KobrA QADA Conclusion. SPLA – Why?. Architecture is crucial ❖ Ensure product features ❖ Control complexity ❖ Organize development
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Architecture is crucial
❖ Ensure product features
❖ Control complexity
❖ Organize development
❖ Manage evolution
Five views of architecture
COPA covers the following aspects of product lines: business, architecture,
process and organizational aspects.
Domain engineers take care of the evolution of the family and control that the investment in the family stays paying.
Application engineers produce family members. They are in contact with customers to be able to satisfy their requirements.
Two major processes: Asset Development and Product Development
Design covers software architecture at two abstraction levels:
- Conceptual architecture
- Concrete architecture
- Analysis results in feedback of whether the design addresses the quality requirements defined for the system.
- Analysis may also produce quality feedback about an existing system.
- COPA. Concentrated on balancing between top-down and bottom-up approaches and covering all the aspects of product line engineering i.e. BAPO
- FAST. Family oriented process description with activities, artifacts and roles. Therefore, it is very adapting but not applicable as it is
- FORM. Feature-oriented method for capturing commonality inside a domain. Extended also to cover architectural design and development of code assets
- KobrA. Practical, simple method for traditional component-based software engineering with UML. Adapts to both single systems and family development
- QADA. Concentrated on architectural design according to quality requirements Provides support for parallel quality assessment of product line software architectures