江苏东海高级中学 吴江 \ 时统生. Laughter is good for you. Module 6 Unit 1. Mickey mouse. Donald duck. The lion king. Tom and Jerry. Mr. Bean. comedians. Discussion: 1. Seeing these pictures, you can ’ t help laughing. Why? 2. What can make people laugh?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Laughter is good for you
Module 6 Unit 1
The lion king
Tom and Jerry
1. Seeing these pictures, you can’t help laughing. Why?
2. What can make people laugh?
lower blood pressure
protect the heart
improve brain functioning
make you feel good
Describe each poster in your own words, you can say more with the help of the words in each one.
1. What kind of comedy do you enjoy the most?
2. Laughter is good for everyone. How do you make people laugh?
1. The British like to make fun of themselves as well as others.
2. To know that the British often use understatement.
Understatement means saying less than you think or feel.
What kind of people do the British like to make fun of?
People from different classes of society.
What jokes do they make about these people?
They make jokes about people’s accents, the way they dress and the way they behave.
Body movements and facial expressions.
Because he does things that adults in the real world cannot do.
Because you don’t have to speak English to understand the humour.
1. Read the article in Part B at page 105.
2. Prepare a funny story for us.
3. Preview Reading.