Skills for Work Hospitality Intermediate 1. Sheila Howorth Qualifications Development Manager George Smith Chef Lecturer, Adam Smith College. Skills for Work Hospitality Intermediate 1. Highly practical, ungraded Course 4 Mandatory Units
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Sheila Howorth Qualifications Development Manager George SmithChef Lecturer, Adam Smith College
- Investigation into Sectors, careers, qualifications
- Review and Evaluation of Employability Skills
- Risk assessment
- Food preparation techniques and cookery processes
- Finishing and safe storage of completed dishes
- Settings for and styles of food service
- Customer care practices in front of house operations
- Types of events
- Planning, organising and carrying out one group event
- Review and evaluate contribution to event
- Review and evaluation and goal setting over a period of time
- Risk assessment
- Practical exercises
- Practical exercises – place settings, food service
- Customer care – practical exercises, restricted response questions
- Investigate events
- Working as a team, plan, organise and carry out 1 event
- Review and evaluate own performance
Employability Skills for working in the Hospitality Industry:
In the Past……….
Now we have………….
Key points for success….
Skills for Work Hospitality Intermediate 1
The Adam Smith College will strengthen existing
school links programmes with the introduction of
the Skills for Work Course
We have 3 schools involved in the pilot year
For the College and Schools in Fife the coming year will have many challenges and we are all excited with the possibilities that this course holds.
In teaching pupils the basic employability skills required in order to gain employment, we will be empowering the next generation of workers in the Hospitality Industry and addressing the current skills shortages that are prevalent.
Qualifications Development Manager
0845 213 5490
Chef Lecturer, Adam Smith College