Investment Policies in Russia: The Northern Dimension. by Rainer Geiger Deputy Director, OECD Financial and Enterprise Affairs The Northern Dimension Forum St. Petersburg 13 May 2008. Investment trends and policies in the Russian Federation.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Deputy Director, OECD Financial and Enterprise Affairs
The Northern Dimension Forum
13 May 2008
Source: EIU (2007), World Investment Prospects to 2011: Foreign Direct Investment and the Challenge of Political Risk, September 2007.
The Business Climate Development Strategy (BCDS) as a whole is targeted at…
It is a systematic approach involving three basic steps:
Define time-bound strategic priorities with government leaders,
including consultations with other stakeholders
Support the design and implementation of improved policy at national and regional level
II. Business Integrity
1. Provide a single comprehensive document defining a business climate reform strategy based on best practice in OECD countries;
2. Leverage existing evaluations of the business climate including those by the OECD, The World Bank and the European Commission;
3. Support leadership in federal, regional and local governments to ensure coordination and consensus on priorities for reform throughout a broad range of policy areas affecting the business climate;
4. Involve continuously government and private sector throughout the process to increase buy-in for business climate reform;
5. Identify priorities for action and provide support for implementation.