How To Engage Your Customer With Mobile Marketingby Lorél Marketing Group
People use the mobile phone to run their lives — making calls, exchanging text messages, sending photos, getting directions, surfing the Internet and checking email. • While consumers of all ages own mobile devices, mobile marketing still requires understanding the target market and what it does with these devices. • Lorél Marketing Group suggests these ideas to get started in the right direction with your mobile marketing strategy.
1. Define the Strategy • Understand your mobile users, their behavior and usage. • Leverage the mobile platform and enable consumers to do what they like
2. Determine the Communication • Leverage the existing channels that you already use with your customers — email, direct mail, point-of-sale advertising, banners, websites and print ads • Get customers to interact or respond via their mobile phone • Clearly state the basic steps required to engage • Launch it as part of an integrated campaign instead of a stand-alone effort
3. Understand the True Cost • Mobile marketing is not cheap for anyone • Not all customers have unlimited plans • A typical mobile campaign will require 4 SMS messages: • SMS 1 to start the request to opt-in • SMS 2 back to the consumer to notify of the request • SMS 3 to have the consumer confirm • SMS 4 to welcome the consumer to the program, before the engagement begins
5. Allow Customers to Manage the Communication • Allow customers to profile how and when they would like to be messaged • Maintain a reasonable frequency • Keep message short and direct
6. Manage Consumer Data with Respect • Use the data to drive segmentation and personalization • Tailor the message to the interest of the consumer • Commit and state clearly that you will not share the consumer’s information with others, i.e., nonaffiliated third parties.
7. Make the Offer Relevant and Valuable • When you develop your offer for the campaign, make sure that it is something of value in return for the objective of the communication campaign.
A Closing Remark: • The key to mobile marketing success is to be very customer-centric and provide relevant information and engagement that is driven by the protocol of the mobile device. • Your motivation needs to be transparent and your offer needs to be clearly stated.
Thank YouIf you found this PowerPoint helpful, visit our Knowledge Page to view our FREE list of Whitepapers, Articles & Research, and find out when our upcoming Webinars will be happening!http://lorel.com/knowledge.phpWant to jump start your marketing strategy and programs?Lorél Marketing Group can help you get started with a no-costdiscovery meeting that can align your goals with a vision for yoursuccess. Care to learn more? Contact us today.Lorél Marketing GroupEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 610-337-2343 Website: www.lorel.com