Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
The influence of terrorist threat perception in the USA during the period of 2001 - 2004 upon the condition of international security. The core element of the new concept in the sphere of international security.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The USA - the framework of the new foreign policy concept “absolute security” >>> “ globalisation of American foreign policy”
Countries - objects of present antiterrorist campaigns (Afghanistan, Iraq) and potential targets of antiterrorist war
I.The first stage - Countries-members of antiterrorist coalition II.The second stage - 1). Countries-allies in Iraqi campaign 2). The bloc of countries that opposed Iraqi operation
Countries that prefer the policy of non-interference
1) Is the present–day US perception of terrorist threat the reflection of the obvious attempt to create the structure of international relations based on the unilateral way of deciding problems of the world security skirting the norms of international right.
2) What is the role given by the USA to other Western powers in the light of the struggle against terrorism?
3) Will this model of struggle present the conception of unilateralism or collectivism?
The content analysis of US perception of terrorist threat on the basis of President Bush speeches during the period of 2001-2004 and the National Security Strategy (September 17th, 2002)
1) self-definition and categorization of the state in the light of terrorist threat
2) the definition of terrorist threat sources and its characteristics
3) the methods and forms of the struggle against it
4) the contribution done to neutralize this threat
>>> positive reestimation of their own identity
>>> self-perception in the light of terrorism through the prism of identity
Terrorist strike directed not at a concrete country but at certain Western values
the USA - the fundamental stronghold of democratic values
The contribution done by American citizens to neutralize the terrorist threat inside the country
The chain of “new American heroes”. Who are they?
The combination of two models of behaviour:unilateral steps or collectivism
The National Security Strategy:“ …But our responsibility to history is already clear: to answer these attacks and rid the world of evil. …”
President Bush Washington, D.C. (The National Cathedral) September 14, 2001
Collectivism - the model of behaviour on the international arena with quite definite conditions for other partners