JCL (Job Control Language). JCL or Job Control Language is used to communicate with the computer’s operating system. A JOB is a unit of work the computer is to perform.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Procedures will be held in datasets with .proclib or .proc extension
Parameters used will be held in datasets with .parm or .parmlib extensions
- e.g.. accounting information & programmers name.
- accounting information must precede the programmers name.
- if a positional parameter /sub parameter is omitted a comma must be coded in its place.
Keyword parameters :-
- e.g.. class & msglevel.
- MSGLEVEL=(1,1) indicates print all the input JCL & the JCL from catalogued procedures & print all allocation messages.
- TYPRUN=SCAN causes the job’s JCL to be checked for syntax errors & prevents the job from executing.Consider the job statement :-
then to access the current generation,you code DSN=DDSNUS.DEVTDV.DD460302(0).
To access the previous generation, you code
DSN= DDSNUS.DEVTDV.DD460302(-1) the generation before would be
The most commonly used sort control statements are SORT and MERGE.
The INREC & OUTREC statements : These statements are used to reformat the records.
- Set the data set’s disposition - Load the data set - Print the data set