VAASTHU SHASTHRA. A GLANCE. Vaasthusadu. (O.V.ashok kumar Reddy). VAASTHU AT A GLANCE. INTRODUCTION. ORIGIN OF VAASTHU. PRINCIPLES. PRACTICAL VAASTHU. VAASTHU FOR DIFFERENT PLACES. INTRODUCTION. Scientific Approach. Evolution Theories. Magnetic Force. Energy Sources. Energy Balance.
(O.V.ashok kumar Reddy)
ORIGIN OF VAASTHU
VAASTHU FOR DIFFERENT PLACES
Part of Astrology
Combination of engineering, architectural, art and placement
Shastrenanen Sarvasya Lokasya Param SukhamChaturverg Phala Prapti Shlokshch BhavedyuvamShlip Shastra Parigyan Mrityoapi Sujetaam VrajetParmanand Janak Devanami DimiritamShilp Vina Nahi Jagtishu Lokeshu VidyateJagad Vina Na Shilpanch Vartate Vasau Prabho
'Lokasya paramam sukham‘ - It can bring happiness to the whole world
'Chaturvarga phala prapti' - It bestows on you all four types of benefits namely rightful living-money-fulfillment of desires and bliss
'Salokascha bhaved dhruvam' - Are all available in this world itself
Meaning – Because of VAASTHU SHASTRA, the whole universe gets good health, happiness and all round prosperity.
Human beings attain divinity with this knowledge.
Followers of VAASTHU SHASTRA get not only worldly pleasure but also experience heavenly bliss
The first and foremost link by which Vaasthu came into this world is through the Yajurveda.
It contains information on design of houses, temples and other buildings.
In the ancient times Maya and Vishwakarma were the two chief architects known for their intelligent creations of palaces, temples, forts…
Maya built palaces, forts, temples, Agni Vedikas, etc., for Rakshasas
Vishwakarma who lived during the Mahabharata times, created wonderful buildings for the Pandavas and the Kauravas.
Many ancient cities like Dwaraka, and Indraprasta are believed to be built by him.
The first official treatise on Vaasthu, the Kasyapa Silpa, has been attributed to Sage Kasyapa.
In the treatise Agama Shastra, which explains the science of temples, Vaasthu is considered the basis for any type of construction.
RATIONAL : Vaasthu is the study of impact of the Sun's rays on the earth. Vaasthu reads the characteristics of a house and explains its effects on the residents in a scientific manner
PERMANENT : The principles of vaasthu is based on directions which are permanent. Likewise the effects of vaasthu are also permanent.
BENEFICIAL : The basic purpose of vaasthu is to make the lives of people happier and trouble free
UNIVERSAL : It is based on the properties of the earth and the sun, it is surely universal. It is beyond Nationality, religion, caste etc.
PRACTICABLE : Constructing according to the guidelines provided by vaasthu is simple and it gives a healthy and happy life
The design must be useful, lend itself to easy application. For example, a house must have ample space for storage of articles and all facilities for residing
The proportions of the spaces and material shape should affect in a positive manner
Principle covers the exterior & Interior decorations
The proportions of windows and doors, the size of rooms, the rhythm of projections and depressions play a critical role
The design must be capable of evoking a feeling of well-being and contentment
The measurements employed in the design, considered to be sacred measures, are juxtaposed in such a way as to create harmony
Creates a positive vibration to the occupant
Calculating the proportions is the essence of the traditional design
Selection of direction
Selection of plot
Soil – color, smell, Taste
Surroundings, sloping and Vedhi sula
Aayadhi calculations – most important
Poojas – its needs
Rooms and the furnishings
MODIFICATIONS AND CORRECTIONS
Pyramids and stones (gems)
Placement of mirrors / Idols
Relocation of furniture's
Demolition and reconstruction- last option
2. More open land in north and east than south and west.
3. Boring or well or any pit should be in northeast.
4. Bhoomi Pooja to be performed in Northeast or center of the designed house
5. Start excavation from northwest
7. Start foundation from southwest.
8. Kitchen should be in southeast and platform should be in east
9. Sink to be on North east and gas (cooking range) should be on South east
10. Dining room should be in the west
12. Doors of each room should be properly placed
13. Never fix a mirror on south and west wall
14. Toilets & bathrooms should be in southeast or northwest portion.
15. Cattle shed if any should be in northwest away from north wall
17. Master bed room should be in southwest.
18. While sleeping head should be in south or west but never in north
19. Pooja room should be in north east. All photos or idols should be facing east or west only.
20. All rain water should flow from south to north and west to east only
22. Slope of the plot should be from southwest to northeast
23. Toilet seat (W.C.) should be north-south
24. Septic tank should be in central-east towards south or central-north towards west.
25. Cellar construction if required in residential should be in northeast corner
27. Staircase should be in south, west or southwest
28. Stairs should go from north to south or east to west
29. Stairs should be in clock wise direction.
30. Overhead water tank should not be in at the Southwest corner. It should be on west or south but closer to South west.
32. Anything above ground level should be in south or west.
33. Porch should not touch the north or east compound wall.
34. Big trees to be grown in south or west side
35. Face East or north while reading or transacting any business deal
37. Total number of windows and doors should be even number but should not end in 10, 20…
38. Good cross-ventilation is necessary.
39. Keep all the four sides of construction open, even is smaller constructions at least two sides should be kept open
40. Canals, lakes, rivers,are best if they are in north or east of the house
42. Doors should open inside the room except kitchen and bathroom doors.
43. Bathroom to be avoided in front of main door
44. Avoid standing pose of idols / photos of Gods
45. In bed rooms, always use bed with four legs