Center of observations Observatory Rimavsk Sobota in central Slovakia on south boundaries of republic. Public observatories - 20 observatories ...
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Brandýs nad Labem, May 7 - 9, 2004
Astronomical Institute of Slovak Academy of Sciences
Slovak Astronomy Society
Astronomy Departure, Komenius University
14 regional organizations, 400 members
Center of observations – Observatory Rimavská Sobota in central Slovakia on south boundaries of republic
- 20 observatories
- more than 50
Our friend has very open mind and he prepared for us 2 aids.
This mask may be useful to determine times of 2nd and 3rd contact during the transit of Venus across the Sun.
This software simulate transit of Venus across the solar disc on June 8, 2004. The software gives a basic images about progress of an astronomical phenomenon which nobody of us seen. Therefore may be useful as the training before observations. It shows problems with measurement of time of single contacts, too. But it is only poor imitation of the reality.
Both you can find on www.venustransit.sk
3. Details of transit of Venus in 16-cm refractor with 2x teleconverter + bw CCD camera SoftHard Technology
4. Transit of Venus: taking pictures of whole solar disk with Venus 300 mm teleobjective with 2x teleconverter (f=600 mm) + bw CCD camera SoftHard Technology
5. Video of Transit (90/1000 mm refractor + CCD TV-camera Oscar + DCF-time inserter + videorecorder)
6. On-line web-camera on pages www.venustransit.sk
7. Web-camera on azimutal mount
8. Direct „classical“ photography in focus of Coude-refractor (8 cm diameter of Sun in focal plane)
9. Grant for secondary school student – reconstruction of Maximillian Hell´s observation on June 3, 1769 in Vardo
I don´t understand, how in 1882 and before would have taken some precise data ;)
Clear sky and good luck!