Chapter 9. Suggestions for Testing Grammar. In this chapter we explore :. The use of structured input formats for testing grammar The use of structured output formats for testing grammar The use of information that is an outcome of class activities as possible testing materials.
Suggestions for Testing Grammar
1) Present one thing at a time.
2) Keep meaning in focus.
3) Move from sentences to connected discourse.
4) Use both oral and written input and output.
5) Have the learner do something with the input, or have other learners respond to the content of the output.
First match the sentence you hear with the man. Then indicate whether or not you think it is a true statement.
1. He was a great man.
2. He keeps strange hours.
3. His brother wanted to be president, too.
4. He hopes to change America.
This applies to me. This does not.
Last Monday Right now Next week
Applies to me Does not apply to me
Model: The class believes that the government understands us, but I do not agree.
Understand Control Help Tax
Represent Guide Ignore