Praying through the Heart of the Year for the Soul of Our Nation
Prayer Focus Week 1 (July 3-8) Breakdowns in racial, social, and status barriers as Christ’s Church celebrates together — Jesus (Culture)
1. Pray that a spirit of repentance, contrition, and humility will spread throughout the culture, dissolving racial prejudices.
2. Pray for unity and cooperation among ethnic groups, evidenced by equality and mutual respect.
3. Pray for appreciation of the differences and unique cultural contributions of ethnic and racial groups.
4. Pray that people from all racial and ethnic groups will feel welcome in houses of worship.
5. Pray that people will be regarded with worth and dignity regardless of socio-economic status.
6. Pray that the Holy Spirit will break down walls of division based on gender, race, ethnicity, and social groupings, bringing unity to the body of Christ.
7. Pray that the Church will be a place where “There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male or female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus (Galatians 3:28, NIV).
Credits This prayer emphasis is built around twenty indicators of spiritual awakening in the Church and the Culture as drafted by the Awakening America Alliance. See www.awakeningamerica.us for details. Individual prayer points are provided by the Assemblies of God Office of Prayer & Spiritual Care, www.prayer.ag.org.