JEF Belarus Action 2009. Jeunes Européens Fédéralistes/Young European Federalists 18-19 March 200 9. aims of the 2009 action. Raise awareness about the European Parliament elections in June 2009 highlighting global issues.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Jeunes Européens Fédéralistes/Young European Federalists
18-19 March 2009
Raise awareness about the European Parliament elections in June 2009 highlighting global issues.
Raise awareness among civil society about the last dictatorship in Europe using it as a prime example of what a European foreign policy could work to address
Demonstrate to citizens that a Global Europe using its principles of peace, democracy and liberty can aim to work against dictatorships, war and injustice across the world
Invite youth NGOs of all backgrounds who share the principles of democracy and respect for Human Rights to join JEF in this Action;
Promote the federal idea of democracy and pluralism.
Inform your MPs, MEPs, political parties, youth NGOs & partners etc. of the Action. Remember to lobby and send the Belarus invitation that you can find on www.jef.eu
On the night of the 18th March (early morning of 19th) choose visible, famous statues in your city (the more the better!)
Cover the mouth of the statues with a cloth
Hang a clear and visible sign around the neck of the statue: “IT’S TIME FOR CHANGE... ITS TIME FOR A FREE BELARUS!!”
Remember to include the CAMPAIGN WEBSITE: itstimeforeurope.eu
Take digital pictures and send immediately to JEF-Europe to be put on the web; email to email@example.com
1) Inform your MPs, MEPs, political parties, youth NGOs & partners etc. of the Action. Remember to lobby and send the Belarus invitation that you can find on www.jef.eu
2) Translate and print the JEF Europe Global Europe flyers that will be found on: itstimeforeurope.eu. You can also print the JEF Europe Manifesto.
3) In the morning/afternoon of 18th March choose a visible part of the city for activists to hand out flyers to citizens and speak to people about the upcoming elections, outlining the importance of a European foreign policy in the world stage. Only a strong Global Europe can address the democracy problems in Belarus and other parts of the world.
4) Some activists should be gagged with a cloth while handing out the flyers. If it’s possible, try to do this near a statue and gag the statue with a cloth as well. The other activists and the flyers can explain the significance of this to passers by.
5) Have a clear and visible banner:
“IT’S TIME FOR CHANGE... ITS TIME FOR A FREE BELARUS!!”
6) Remember to include the CAMPAIGN WEBSITE:
7) Take digital pictures and send immediately to JEF Europe to be put on the web. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is vital that you email all your photographs to email@example.com following your action!
Be creative! Gag telephone boxes, people, etc.
For any questions, to find an action near you or to inform us of your local activity, email firstname.lastname@example.org at the European Secretariat.
All Press enquiries should go to the JEF Europe Action Co-ordinator Toni Giugliano, at email@example.com
It’s Time for CHANGE... It’s Time for a FREE BELARUS!