Empowerment Practice in Diabetes Patient Education. Kan Ching Yee, Eva DMNS, AHNH 25th March 2006. Overall Effects of Patient Education . Diabetes educational programs are effective for patients across a different outcomes 1-5
Related searches for Empowerment Practice in Diabetes Patient Education
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Kan Ching Yee, Eva
25th March 2006
1. Padgett, D., Mumford, E., Hynes, M., & Carter, R. (1988). "Meta-analysis of the effects of educational and psychosocial interventions on management of diabetes mellitus."
Journal Clinical Epidemiology14(10): 1007-1030.
2. Brown, S. A. (1990). "Studies of Educational Interventions and Outcomes in Diabetic Adults : A Meta-Analysis Revisited." Patient Education and Counseling16: 189-215.
3. Brown, S. A. (1990). "Quality of Reporting in Diabetes Patient Education Research : 1954-1986." Research in Nursing & Health13: 53-62.
4. Brown, S. A. (1992). "Meta-Analysis of Diabetes Patient Education Research : Variations in Intervention Effects across Studies." Research in Nursing & Health15: 409-419.
5. Ellis, S. E., Speroff, T., Dittus, R. S., Brown, A., Pichert, J. W., & Elasy, T. A. (2004). "Diabetes patient education: a meta-analysis and meta-regression." Patient Education
and Counseling52: 97-105.
6. Norris, S. L., Engelgau, M. M. & Narayan, K. M. (2001). "Effectiveness of self-management training in type 2 diabetes: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials."
Diabetes Care24(3): 561-87.
A promising approach based on key principles related to the reality of diabetes, its management, and psychology of behavior change
University of Michigan Diabetes Research and Training Center (MDRTC)
Advanced Diabetes Nursing Practice
See how the process takes place
Mr. William Wong was referred to the Nurse clinic
Short-term Goals of DM management
What Am I Doing ?