Deafness refers to the inability to understand speech through hearing even when sound is amplified.Hearing loss may be caused by a number of factors, including genetics, aging, exposure to noise, some infections, birth complications.\n
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Source: Hearing solutions
W Wh ha at t i is s h he ea ar ri in ng g i im mp pa ai ir rm me en nt t? ?
• Hearing Impairment or
deafness is an unability to
• It may occur in one or both
• It may occur due to
genetics, aging, exposure to
• Person suffering from this
disease may often lead to
depression, anxiety and
• Condition occur in hearing impairment is cronic ear infection.
• Human hearing extends in frequency from 20-20,000 Hz.
• In India, more than 1 million cases of deafness is recorded per year.
• World Health Organisation(WHO), reports that 5% of the total world's
population is suffering from the hearing loss.
• pain or pressure in the ear.
• difficulty in understanding speech.
• sounds or speech becoming dull.
• issues in hearing the high volume rate.
• asking others to speak more slowly, clearly and loudly.
Imp pa ai ir rm me en nt t
• Sensorineural Hearing
• Conductive Hearing
• Mixed Hearing Impairment
• Neural Hearing Impairment
• Noise: The increasing sound of MP3 player effects the deafness.
Hearing loss may occur due to exposure to noise. Louder sound can
cause early damage to the ears.
• Aging: Degeneration of delicate inner ear structures occurs over
time.Some degree of hearing loss is observed in over half of people
who are above the age of 60. This deafness is age-related.
• Genetics: Your genetic can be also a reason for ear damage. When
looking at the genetics of deafness, there are 2 different forms,
syndromic and nonsyndromic.
relievers, etc., then these medications are considered ototoxic.
• Illness: Illness such as heart disease, illnesses that result in high fever
high, blood pressure, and diabetes are also one of the major cause of
• Ear infection: Hearing Impairment may cause due to many ear
infections. If you neglect it for too long, then you may suffer from
permanent hearing loss.
• Born Deaf:
This hearing disorder is present by birth. The symptoms can be seen
during different stages of the child’s age.
• Hereditary Factors:
It can be present at birth or develop later in life.Genetic factors
(hereditary) cause more than 50% of all hearing loss in children.
• Non-Hereditary Factors:
Non-genetic hearing loss is most often caused by illness or trauma
before birth or during the birth process. there is about 25% of cases of
hearing loss in non-genetic.
Young generation is very fond of listening music or watching movies at
very high volume rate.Researchers conclude that if young adults
frequently use headphones at a loud volume then it will definiatly
increase the hearing impairment rate in the young people.
• Hearing Loss in Old Age:
People between the ages of 60 and 70 have a partial or significant
form of hearing loss.The age-related disorders most often occur in both
ears, affecting them equally. There are many reasons losing your
hearing in old age.