A hearing aid is a device designed to improve hearing by making sound audible to a person with hearing loss. Hearing aids are classified as medical devices in most countries, and regulated by the respective regulations. Small audio amplifiers such as PSAPsor other plain sound reinforcing systems cannot be sold as "hearing aids".
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
• hearing the clear sound.
• comforts of hearing.
• better mental health.
• feel more independent and secure.
• be able to do better in your job.
• to concentrate on study.
• get a better relationship with your family.
• there is no need to repeat the conversation.
1. A microphone picks up sound from the surrondings and
coverts it into an electrical signal, which it sends to the
2. An amplifier increases the volume of the sound and sends it to
3. A receiver/speaker changes the electrical signal back into
sound and sends it into the ear.
4. The brain hears and understands the sound as speech.
A battery provides power to the hearing aid.
• There are lots of variety and types of hearing aid according to
• The range of prices are divided according to its quality like
wireless, colors, digital etc.
• Basic- Basic hearing aid Range between 10,000 to 3,00,000.
• Mid Range- Mid-range ear machines cost from ranges between
50,000 to 1,50,000.
• Premium Range- Premium hearing aids cost range between
1,50,000 to 3,00,000.
• Doing care and maintenance of hearing aid is very important.
• Prevent it from falling down.
• Protect it from dust, heat, and dirt.
• Remove the battery when hearing aids when it is not in use.
• Don't spill liquid on the hearing aids.
• Wipe aid with the dry cloth.
• Keep them away from small childrens and pets.
• To enhance your listening experience with these better hearing
• Hearing aids cleaing tools like dryer and dihumidifier.
• There are two types of dryer:
• Electronic- It can absorb moisture by the heat.
• Non electronic- It can absorb moisture by the gel.
• Batteries are the most important accessories for hearing aid.
• Bluetooth device to connects to the phones, mp3 player.
• Hearing aid clips are prevented from falls down the hearing aid.
• Wireless technology has changed the hearing aids for the better.
• Some wireless features are:
• Electromagnetic compatibility- Picks up a signal from a
telephone, catches the electromagnetic signals.
• FM compatibility- Enables hearing aids to wirelessly connect
with FM to hear the music.
• Bluetooth compatibility- Enables hearing aids to connect with
an external microphone to improve speech signal from the
• Digital signal processing.
• Digital noise reduction.
• Automatic gain control.
• Directional hearing aid.
• Adaptive feedback cancellation.
• Wind noise reduction.
• Listening memory.
• There are so many different brands for hearing aid device but
the six main manufactureres who gives the high quality of
• If you are thinking about buying a hearing aid, hearing aids are
expensive items and you want to do everything you can to make
sure you purchase the right one for you.
• Phonak, Starkey, Widex, Siemens, Resound, and Oticon are top
six hearing aid companies.