OO programming and UML Design. Dr. Zhen Jiang West Chester University E-mail: email@example.com. Outline. Introduction to object and class Introduction to UML Introduction to UML design. Introduction to object and class. Why OO programming? Look at this picture carefully
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Dr. Zhen Jiang
West Chester University
In a 2D drawing package, circles have a radius, a line thickness, a line colour, and a fill colour
a snowman made from 9 Circle instances
Simply, a class is a group of objects with common parts or behaviors (similar, not necessary the exact same). That common thing will be defined in class definition.
UML simplifies the process of software design, making a "blueprint" for construction
In Essence: a tool used through the analysis and design phases of system development for expressing the constructs and relationships of complex systems
Target Usage: for building object-oriented and component-based systems
1. Provide users with a ready-to-use, expressive visual modeling language so they can develop and exchange meaningful models
2. Provide extensibility and specialization mechanisms to extend the core concepts.
3. Be independent of particular programming languages and development processes.
4. Provide a formal basis for understanding the modeling language.
5. Encourage the growth of the Object-Oriented tools market.
6. Support higher-level development concepts such as collaborations, frameworks, patterns and components.
7. Integrate best practices.
Turn_on/off ( )
Based on Use Case analysis
In programming, see time sequence diagram, see
www.cs.wcupa.edu/~zjiang/intro_TS.ppt.How to describe the behaviors/actions of objects in UML class diagram
*Tip 4: Class A is a super class of class B if and only if any object of class B can also play the role as an object of class A.