Fifth Wheel Test Machine Project Concept Evaluation. Group members: Jonathan Eckart Wayne Farley Rob Grace Chris Bozarth Academic advisor: Dr. Faryar Etesami. Preview. Introduction Design Concepts Scoring Matrix Conclusion. SOLID MOUNT FRAME. SIMPLEX 400 ®. SLIDING MOUNT.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Dr. Faryar Etesami
SOLID MOUNT FRAME
- Adjustable width and height for different models of fifth wheels
- Data acquisition: need to know forces required to fail fifth wheel
1. Hydraulic cylinder will be used to apply force to fifth wheel.
2. Slotted plate used for width adjustment
3. Hydraulic cylinder moves for height adjustment
4. Pivot points on ends of cylinder
5. Adapter plate for kingpin-cylinder connection
12” DIA BORE CYLINDER CAN DEVELOP >339000 LBS OF FORCE USING 3000 PSI PUMP