IFIP Council Meeting London Amy Brais Springer Publishers March 2007 IFIP Titles Published IFIP Titles Published Summary 34 titles published in 2006 2 titles published for 2007 1 title in production for 2007 19 titles on the schedule for 2007 Goal: program growth
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
IFIP Series Page Update
Springer’s eBook Program
Information Product of 2006
Top 10 Most Viewed Papers for 2006
1. Reminisence Video
Author: Noriaki Kuwahara Volume: 178 Number of Downloads: 36
2. Business Risk Management
Author: Tadasuke Nakagawa Volume: 177 Number of Downloads: 15
3. An Overview of the SAE Architecture Analysis and Amp
Author: Peter H. Feiler Volume: 176 Number of Downloads: 13
4. A Formal Model for Parameterized Role-Based Access Control
Author: Ali E. Abdallah Volume: 173 Number of Downloads: 13
5. Flexible Use of Time to Overcome Constraints
Author: Elin Wihlborg Volume: 178 Number of Downloads: 11
6. Pattern-Based Analysis of an Embedded Real-Time System Architecture
Author: Peter H. Feiler Volume: 176 Number of Downloads: 11
7. Problems Running Untrusted Services As JAVA Threads
Author: Almut Herzog Volume: 177 Number of Downloads: 11
8. How Secure are Current Mobile Operating Systems?
Author: Tobias Murmann Volume: 175 Number of Downloads: 11
9. An Interactive Trust Management and Negotiation Scheme
Author: Hristo Koshutanski Volume: 173 Number of Downloads: 10
10. A Bluetooth Home Design
Author: Olaf Diegel Volume: 178 Number of Downloads: 10
What caused a sharp increase in downloads?
Free Online Access
Start of 2006: 600 downloads for 10 titles – approximately 2.4 downloads/article.
End of 2006: 20,548 downloads for 93 titles– approximately 9.07 downloads/article.
Free online content for the IFIP Series has been available since 2006.
Promotion and availability of this free content likely drove downloads throughout 2006.
Metadata on SpringerLink site altered to better comply with the Google Book Search engine.
Google Book Search has indexed all of SpringerLink.
Benefits of Increased Downloads
Top 10 Most Viewed Papers for 2006
1. Methodological Approaches to Comparing Pedagogical Innovations Using Technology
Author: Nancy Law Volume: 10 Number of Downloads: 169
2. Pedagogy before Technology: Re-thinking the Relationship between ICT and Teaching
Author: Deryn M.Watson Volume: 6 Number of Downloads: 161
3. An Evaluation of the Quality of ICT Teaching within an ICT-Rich Environment
Author: Vassilis Zakopoulos Volume: 10 Number of Downloads: 146
4. A Conceptual View of Web-Based E-Learning Systems
Author: Klaus-Dieter Schewe Volume: 10 Number of Downloads: 138
5. Effects of Collaborative and Individual Learning in a Blended Learning Environment
Author: Pierre J. van Eijl Volume: 10 Number of Downloads: 137
6. The Impact of ICT on Literacy Education
Author: Larry Miller Volume: 10 Number of Downloads: 128
7. Impact of New Information Technologies on Teachers and Students
Author: Gerald Knezek Volume: 7 Number of Downloads: 124
8. “The Machine Stops”: One School’s Rejection of Integrated Learning Systems
Author: Alan Jervis Volume: 10 Number of Downloads: 124
9. Visions for ICT, Ethics and the Practice of Teachers
Author: Yngve Troye Nordkvelle Volume: 10 Number of Downloads: 116
10. The Role of Play in the Pedagogy of ICT
Author: Alex Morgan Volume: 10 Number of Downloads: 111
€25,479.23 ($31,797.31) to be paid for the second half of 2006
2006, totaling €57,580 for the year