How to Excel at Promotional Exams: The Emergency Simulation. Firehouse Expo – Baltimore, MD July 24, 2010. Steve Prziborowski – Battalion Chief Santa Clara County Fire Department. Objectives :. Identify the top 25 pitfalls of poor performers during simulations
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
17. Inadequate or inappropriate requesting of resources and/or personnel
18. Inability to prioritize assignments
19. Inability to anticipate and then handle “issues” they may be faced with:
- Firefighter down, trapped, missing
- Multiple patients
- In your face bystanders
- General problems that may arise
20. They let nervousness get the best of them……and it shows!
21. Inability to defend actions or non-actions
25. Inability to demonstrate to the raters that they can hit the ground running – and not just be a safe beginner!
(See p. 3 of the handout for a sample scoring sheet)
(See p. 10 of the handout for command presence tips)
4. Prepare for ANY type of event:
(See p. 11 of the handout for radio report tips)
(See p. 13 of the handout for tips on A to Z)