Practice problems
Download
1 / 8

Practice Problems - PowerPoint PPT Presentation


  • 547 Views
  • Updated On :

Practice Problems. Problem 1: You wish to compete in the super premium ice cream market. The task is to determine the wants of the super premium market and the attributes/ hows to be met by their firm. Use the house of quality concept.

loader
I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work described.
capcha
Download Presentation

PowerPoint Slideshow about 'Practice Problems' - Anita


An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript
Practice problems l.jpg
Practice Problems

Problem 1:

You wish to compete in the super premium ice cream market. The task is to determine the wants of the super premium market and the attributes/hows to be met by their firm. Use the house of quality concept.

Market research has revealed that customers feel four factors are significant in making a buying decision. A “rich” taste is most important followed by smooth texture, distinct flavor, and a sweet taste. From a production standpoint, important factors are the sugar content, the amount of butterfat, low air content, and natural flavors.

© 2004 by Prentice Hall, Inc., Upper Saddle River, N.J. 07458


Practice problems2 l.jpg
Practice Problems

Problem 1:

You wish to compete in the super premium ice cream market. The task is to determine the wants of the super premium market and the attributes/hows to be met by their firm. Use the house of quality concept.

Market research has revealed that customers feel four factors are significant in making a buying decision. A “rich” taste is most important followed by smooth texture, distinct flavor, and a sweet taste. From a production standpoint, important factors are the sugar content, the amount of butterfat, low air content, and natural flavors.

© 2004 by Prentice Hall, Inc., Upper Saddle River, N.J. 07458


Practice problems3 l.jpg
Practice Problems

Problem 2:

Prepare a bill-of-material for a ham and cheese sandwich.

© 2004 by Prentice Hall, Inc., Upper Saddle River, N.J. 07458


Practice problems4 l.jpg

One possible BOM would be:

Bill of Material

Bread 2 slices

Ham 1 slice

Swiss Cheese 1 slice

Lettuce 1/26 head of lettuce

Mustard 2 teaspoon

Pickle relish 1 teaspoon

Paper plate 1

Paper napkin 1

Practice Problems

Problem 2:

Prepare a bill-of-material for a ham and cheese sandwich.

© 2004 by Prentice Hall, Inc., Upper Saddle River, N.J. 07458


Practice problems5 l.jpg
Practice Problems

Problem 3:

Prepare an assembly chart for a ham and cheese sandwich.

© 2004 by Prentice Hall, Inc., Upper Saddle River, N.J. 07458


Practice problems6 l.jpg
Practice Problems

Problem 3:

Prepare an assembly chart for a ham and cheese sandwich.

Based on the BOM in Problem 2, an assembly chart might look like

© 2004 by Prentice Hall, Inc., Upper Saddle River, N.J. 07458


Practice problems7 l.jpg
Practice Problems

Problem 4:

Michael’s Engineering, Inc. manufactures components for the ever-changing notebook computer business. He is considering moving from a small custom design facility to an operation capable of much more rapid design of components. This means that Michael must consider upgrading his CAD equipment. Option 1 is to purchase two new desktop CAD systems at $100,000 each. Option 2 is to purchase an integrated system and the related server at $500,000. Michael’s sales manager has estimated that if the market for notebook computers continues to expand, sales over the life of either system will be $1,000,000. He places the odds of this happening at 40%. He thinks the likelihood of the market having already peaked to be 60% and future sales to be only $700,000. What do you suggest Michael do and what is the EMV of this decision?

© 2004 by Prentice Hall, Inc., Upper Saddle River, N.J. 07458


Practice problems8 l.jpg
Practice Problems

Problem 4:

Michael’s Engineering, Inc. manufactures components for the ever-changing notebook computer business. He is considering moving from a small custom design facility to an operation capable of much more rapid design of components. This means that Michael must consider upgrading his CAD equipment. Option 1 is to purchase two new desktop CAD systems at $100,000 each. Option 2 is to purchase an integrated system and the related server at $500,000. Michael’s sales manager has estimated that if the market for notebook computers continues to expand, sales over the life of either system will be $1,000,000. He places the odds of this happening at 40%. He thinks the likelihood of the market having already peaked to be 60% and future sales to be only $700,000. What do you suggest Michael do and what is the EMV of this decision?

The EMV for the desktop systems is $620,000 vs. $320,000 for the integrated system. Therefore, Michael should purchase the desktop systems.

© 2004 by Prentice Hall, Inc., Upper Saddle River, N.J. 07458