F-111 EBU TF30 RAM Program. John Hall (Quality Manager) Greg Mason (Engineering Manager). Presentation Outline. F-111 EBU Overview What is a RAM Program What is a Condition Monitoring Philosophy What Condition Monitoring Techniques are used Performance Indicators Reliability / Safety
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
John Hall (Quality Manager)
Greg Mason (Engineering Manager)
Why a RAM program?
What is a RAM program?
How was the RAM program introduced?
An effective RAM / CM program
Five CM Phases
* was 300 three years ago
Good in 1990, slightly better in 2005 - no ‘bare firewalls’
RAM applicable to high cost and / or critical process industries (eg civil aviation, mining, rail, paper, power, racing, manufacturing etc)
Must be in a position to implement (organisationally, culturally, disciplined approach, technically, long term view and commitment)
1. Justify (Commitment)
2. Baseline (KPIs)
3. Target (Failure modes that hurt most)
4. Select (Appropriate CM techniques)
5. Resource (Team of people, equipment)
6. Train (CM techniques and CMM philosophy)
7. Implement (hard work, discipline, attention to detail)
8. Monitor (review KPI progress / failure modes)
9. Adjust (fix the bits of the program that aren’t working)
Beware of pitfalls, use a facilitator if possible