Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Effect of Glucagon-Like Peptide-I (GLP-I) Analogue in Patients with Stable Coronary Artery Disease With Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction ≤ 40 %. Principal Investigator: Wamiq Y Banday. M.B.B.S Sub Investigators: Howard Lippes, MD. Benjamin G. Rueda, MD. Aravind Herle, MD.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Effect of Glucagon-Like Peptide-I (GLP-I) Analogue in Patients with Stable Coronary Artery Disease With Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction ≤ 40 %.
Principal Investigator: Wamiq Y Banday. M.B.B.S
Sub Investigators: Howard Lippes, MD.
Benjamin G. Rueda, MD.
Aravind Herle, MD.
Internal Medicine Training Program. Catholic Health System. SUNY at Buffalo. 2157 Main Street. Buffalo, NY 14214
(179 amino acid)
Dipetidyl peptidase-IV (DPP-IV)
Adapted from: T. Nystrom: Hormone Metabolism 2008:40
Mean (SEM) Serum Insulin and Plasma glucose Concentration Following a One-time Injection of BYETTA or Placebo in Fasting Type-2 Diabetic patient
Adapted from http://www.BYETTA.com
1. AHA, Heart disease and Stroke staistics:2005;2003; 2. Taegtmeyer et al, Circulation 2002:105;1727-33; 3. Goodwin GW et al; J Biol Chem 1998;273;29530-29539; 4. Taegtmeyer et al, Circulation 2002;106; 2043-5
1. Taegtmeyer et al, ANN N Y Acad Sci, 2004;1015:1-12; 2. Shah A et al Rev A Cardiovasc Med. 2003 (suppl 6); S50-S57; 3. Nikolaidis L A et al, Cardiovascular Res 2004; 61: 297-306. 4. Metabolism 40:9:972-977,1991.
1. Nikolaidis L A et al, circulation 200; 109:962-5
We hypothesize that Exenatide, would improve myocardial glucose utilization and will increase the Left ventricular ejection fraction in patients with stable ischemic cardiomyopathy and LVEF </= 40%
ICD-9 Code, MUGA
ICD-9 Code, CHF
Manual chart review
No. Of patients
BMI, Body mass index; SBP, Systolic blood pressure; DBP, diastolic blood pressure; MAP, Mean arterial pressure;
* Patient was Allergic to ACE/ARB; 1 Patient developed bradycardia and Mobitz Type I- 20 Heart Block.
1EDV was measured in only 6 out of 7 patients. 2 ESV was measured in only 6 out of 7 patients.
* P-values were calculated with paired t-test
LVEF, left ventricular ejection fraction; EDV, End diastolic volume; ESV, End systolic volume;
1. SBP, Systolic blood pressure; 2. DBP, Diastolic blood pressure; 3. MAP, Mean arterial pressure. * P-values were calculated with paired t-test.
Mean change in LVEF%, 7 patients
Increase in LVEF %, 7 patients
p- value = 0.013
p- value = 0.4
p- value = 0.37
Mean LVEF%, 60 minutes
Mean LVEF %, Base line
Blood Sugar, mg/dL)
All Patients who participated
in the Study