Computer Owners’ Forum June 16, 2014. Oak Crest Connect Review of Meeting on 5/22/2014. Questions?. 1. Will I have to change my email address? Yes – Use Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Live, Hotmail, AOL and others. Suggestion: Start Now - - - At least make plans for the future.
Oak Crest Connect
Review of Meeting on 5/22/2014
1. Will I have to change my email address?
Yes – Use Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Live, Hotmail, AOL and others.
Suggestion: Start Now - - - At least make plans for the future.
2. How will I move my inbox email at comcast.net to the new address?
Some new email clients will help you do this.
3. How will I move my Address Book from comcast.net to the new address?
Use Export from comcast.net and then import to the new email client.
4. How will I move my old saved folders from comcast.net to the new address?
5. Do you currently have a wireless router in your apartment? If so, it will go away after the conversion. If you want to setup a private wireless network inside your apartment you may be able to (we are currently researching this possibility).
6. If you currently rent your cable modem or router Erickson will return it to Comcast for you.
7. There is no limit to the number of devices you can connect to the new wireless network.
8. The day you sign your agreement with Erickson that you are satisfied that all work is complete is the day your Address Book and all emails are deleted from your comcast.net account. Don’t wait till January, 2015 to convert!
9. When your comcast.net email account is deleted you may not be able to use Norton as your virus protection. I’m currently researching this item.
10. OCV Connect changes in the Computer Lab will not involve Computer Group users. Computer Group management will work with Erickson to make any conversions in the Lab that are required.
11. The new land-line phone service will include free unlimited local, national and international long distance calling. The change will not affect cell phones.
12. The new OCV Connect fees will be announced in late August, 2014.