Staff 19900 Training June 15, 2009. Definition of Terms. 19900 Budget- The State Allocation of funds to the University of California is commonly called “19900 Funds.” The “Permanent” Sub 1 or allocations made to departmental staff was formerly managed by the Office of the Dean.
The Staffing List for each account/cost center/fund is organized by Title Code Number; and within Title Code, by the employee’s last name.
The Staffing List consists of the names of career employees and open provisions with their FTEs, Monthly Rates and Gross Salaries; the total number of Permanent Budgeted FTEs and Permanent Appropriations are listed at the bottom right side of the Staffing List.
The administrator will send the budget requests and decisions in writing to the 19900 preparer.
1. Permanent 19900 Sub 1 Staffing List (Deans Office)
2. Campus Staffing List Detail Report
3. Adjusted Budget Report Appropriations Detail
4. Departmental log is recommended
1. SLS (i.e. Add/Open, Change, Delete Provision)
2. TOF (i.e. salary increase, Dept. Budget Reorganization)
Example: Employee separates from UC effective 5/31/09
SLS Entry Fields
Staff Training Materials on SLS & TOF http://www.apb.ucla.edu/budget.html
Example #1: New Hire
- Option 1: TOF from other sub to cover
- Option 2: Reduce employee’s FTE
- Option 1 and 2
Example 2: Salary Increase
Current FTE= .25 , $6128/mo, $18384/yr
New Rate $7500
Option #1: TOF $4116 permanent budget to fund the increase
Option #2: Reduce employee FTE
TOF excess to other (same FAU but different sub)
Option #3: ??a combination of both??
ex: 19900-01 begin: 010109 End: 063009
ex: non-19900-01 begin: 050109 end: 063009