Canadian English. LING 202, Fall 2007 Dr. Tony Pi Research Ethics. Important!. Conduct yourselves with professionalism. You are representing Queen’s University in public. Do not do anything that would reflect negatively on the institution. Research Ethics Guidelines.
LING 202, Fall 2007
Dr. Tony Pi
Course-based research that will be approved at the Unit REB level if the research does NOT involve:
* more than minimal risk as defined by the Tri-Council Policy Statement
* vulnerable participants;
* personal, sensitive or incriminating topics or questions which could put the participants or the researcher(s) at risk;
* serious deception;
* manipulation of the behaviour of participants beyond the range of “normal” classroom activity or daily life;
* physically invasive contact with the research participants.
* Aboriginal peoples and certain issues involving aboriginal peoples.