Year 13 Parent Engagement Group Getting on at A2 8 October 2014. Start the year as you mean to go on. Talk to subject staff and agree any retake AS modules and when they are going to take them (Deadline 30 th January) Plan the year ahead
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Year 13 Parent Engagement GroupGetting on at A28 October 2014
Although practical considerations can make a big
difference to your university years, you’re going
away to study, and ultimately the content of the
course should be your guiding principle, no
matter how long the bar at Manchester is!
Early Autumn term
Apply for 5 realistic choices of university/course
Students will have their predicted grades as well as their AS grades
Late Autumn/Spring term
Early Summer term
Decision to keep 2 offers – a contractual obligation
Use the first section of your statement to say:
- Why you want to do this course
- What you think the course is about
- What options within it interest you
IF you have done anything directly relevant discuss it next:
- architecture, engineering, medicine, nursing, teaching
- explain what you gained from this experience and how it has strengthened your view that this is the right field for you
- give specific examples of what you did and what you learned from your experience
- if you already do the subject – what you have enjoyed so far and why
- if it’s new to you, which of your current subjects have helped you develop the necessary SKILLS
- if it’s an arts/humanities subject – what have you read that’s relevant, beyond the A level spec?
- if it’s maths/science/engineering/business – what recent articles have you read? What controversies/news article have interested you?
By now you will only have about ¼ of your statement space left
Start with your achievements
Describe leadership and team working experiences – talk about YOUR role
Say what skills you have developed in your part time employment
Mention your interests/hobbies
* Unless NHS funded