Fashion Merchandiser. Creating and presenting the right plan of attack. By Grace Blankenship. The Six Rights of Merchandising. 1. The right merchandise. 2. The right price. 3. The right time. 4. In the right place. 5. The right quantity. 6. The right promotion.
Creating and presenting the right plan of attack
By Grace Blankenship
1. The right merchandise
2. The right price
3. The right time
4. In the right place
5. The right quantity
6. The right promotion
1. The merchandiser must research who the right customer is.
2. Connects the design staff, production facilities,
and the sales staff
3. Views the line from the design point of view, while being knowledgeable about production and sales efforts.
4. Keeps the record of profits and losses of fashion houses and stores.
5. Works under conceptualizing fashion line to target new customers.
6. Is in charge for receiving apparels, store them and organize visual displays of these to create attraction and appeal
Able to recognize the end of the culmination stage,
And begin markdowns early.
2. Must have knowledge of different fabrics and textiles.
3. Need to have good marketing and sales strategies
4. Can accurately judge the latest trends
Fashion merchandisers should be a graduate with either and AA or BA degree.
Fashion merchandisers can also post graduation in fashion technology
Additional degrees and diplomas in a fashion field serves an added advantage.
The average salary for fashion merchandisers is $47,000 USD
widely from location, corporation,
experience, achievements, and education
However, salaries will vary
Fashion Merchandisers are needed all over the country and all over the world!! They can work anywhere there is a retail store, or can work in a corporate office to be the link between design and merchandising. With all the stores and companies in the world, there is plenty of availability.