A LESSON in MATHEMATICS V Leopoldo de Guzman Jr. Objectives: * To find the area of a parallelogram is square centimeters and meters. * Write the area of a parallelogram * Work cooperatively in a group. TARGET AUDIENCE: Grade V SUBJECT MATTER: Finding the Area of Parallelogram
*To find the area of a parallelogram is square centimeters and meters.
* Write the area of a parallelogram
* Work cooperatively in a group
Finding the Area of Parallelogram
Parallelogram is a quadrilateral with 2 pairs of parallel sides but no right angles.
Area is the number of square units in a plane. It may be in square centimeters or square meters.
A GAME: AGAWAN NG PANYO
1. Ask a volunteer to stand in front to hold the handkerchief.
2. Divide the class in to 2. Choose first two pupils to stand. They were the first pair to play.
3. The teacher flashes the mathematical sentence about quadrilateral. Pupils will name the figure.
4. The pupils who gets the handkerchief first will have the chance to give the answer first.
5. One point if the answer is correct. The other team may steal if the answer given is wrong.
6. Continue until everybody has participated.
The Questions: quadrilateral. Pupils will name the figure.
* A figure with 4 equal sides and 4 right angles.
* A figure with 4 equal sides but with no right angles.
* Quadrilaterals with opposite pairs of sides parallel.
* A parallelogram with 4 right angles.
* A figure with two sides parallel.
* Draw the parallelogram
* Label each side
* Change the parallelogram into rectangle.
* Draw the number of square meters inside it.
( guide the pupils )
* The teacher distribute cut outs of parallelogram
*Paste on a manila paper a whole parallelogram.
*Paste on a manila paper a parallelogram cutout on a dotted line