Unit 4 Seminar. Welcome. Discussion Board Hints. It’s time to start citing your information. If you are not doing it already! If you are using a written source for the info in your posts, please give it credit at the end of your post. Remember to post at least 3 times! Follow APA format.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Unit 4 Seminar
It’s time to start citing your information.
If you are not doing it already!
Chapter 6 & 7 Review
Cyst/o , vesic/o = bladder or sac
Glomerul/o = glomerulus
Meat/o = meatus (opening)
Nephr/o, ren/o = kidney
Hydr/o = water
Lith/o = stone, calculus
Noct/I = night
Pyel/o = renal pelvis
Ureter/o = ureter
Urethr/o = urethra
Albumin/o = albumin
Azot/o = urea, nitrogen
Blast/o = developing cell, germ cell
Olig/o = scamty, few
Son/o = sound
Tom/o = cut, section
Urin/o, ur/o = urine, urinary tract
Glycl/o, glycos/o = sugar
-iasis, -esis = condition
-gram = record, radiographic image
-lysis = loosening, dissolution, separating
-megaly = enlargement
-uria = urine, urination
-ptosis = drooping, prolapse
-rrhaphy = suturing, repairing
-tripsy = surgical crushing
-trophy = nourishment, development
Balan/o = glans penis
Epididym/o = epididymis
Test/o = testis, testicle
Prostat/o = prostate gland
Andr/o = male
-ism = state of
Vas/o = vessel, duct
Vesicul/o = seminal vesicle
Sperm/o, spermat/o = spermatozoa
BUNblood urea nitrogen
ESWL extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy
UTIurinary tract infection
VCUG voiding cystourethrogram
AIDSacquired immunodeficiency syndrome
BPHbenign prostatic hyperplasia
DREdigital rectal examination
HIVhuman immunodeficiency virus
PSA prostate-specific antigen
STD sexually transmitted disease
TUIPtransurethral incision of the prostate
TUMTtransurethral microwave thermotherapy
TURPtransurethral resection of the prostate
1. Spermatozoa are produced by the testes.
The spermatozoa are produced by the testes.
2. Anorchism means scanty sperm.
Oligospermia means scanty sperm
Anorchism means absence of testes
3. Prostatitis is a stone in the prostate gland.
Prostatolith is a stone in the prostate gland.
Prostatitis means inflammation of the prostate gland.
4. Inflammation of the bladder & prostate gland is termed prostatocystitis.
Inflammation of the bladder and prostate gland is termed prostatocystitis.
5. TURP is used to treat an enlarged prostate.
TURP (Trans Urethral Resection of the Prostate gland) is used to treat enlarged prostate glands.
How to Label Your Work:
Section 1: Supply the prefix
1. Within, (--cellular, --cranial); ____________________ 2. Painful, abnormal, difficult, labored (--trophy, --pnea) ;_____________ 3. Three, (--glyceride); ________________ 4. After, (-traumatic stress, --nasal drip); ________________ 5. Below, incomplete, deficient, (--tonic, --tension); _______________ 6. Beside, beyond, around, abnormal, (--thyroid, --lysis); ____________ 7. Absence of, without; ______________________________ 8. Through, across, beyond, ( -dermal, -plant); ____________________ 9. Many, much, ( -neuritis, -dipsia); __________________________ 10. Normal, good, (-pnea); ____________________________________