Project One Introductions and Greetings. ’. Learning Objectives. making introductions and greetings making introductions to other people in accordance with business etiquette. Learning Focus. 1. to know how to initiate a conversation 2.to master the way to establish relations.
Project One Introductions and Greetings
1. to know how to initiate a conversation
2.to master the way to establish relations
Part 1 Discussion
1. Read the two pictures and work out
Introductions and greetings
shake hands, smile, make eye-contact, bend body, exchange business card
Glad to meet you
Practice with partners as you are at a business meeting, where you are strangers to each other.
Part 3. Demonstration
1) Is there any room for improving ?
2) What suggestion would you make?
Not only verbal devices should be employed, non-verbal devices are also required in self introduction, such as hand shake, smile, bend body, offer business card, and etc.
1. Listen to the recording and then finish the conversation on Page 5.
2. Useful expression:
Excuse me. Are you XXX?/ is your name XXX?
Sorry for interruption.
Part 1. Reading
2)Brown New Delhi
5)Narayan New Delhi
7)Pousset New York
1) Moscow, 2) New York, 3) Colombia,
4) New Delhi, 5) New Delhi, 6) Beijing,
Part 1 Listening
1.Complete the conversation with the phrases in the box.
Cream and sugar, please.
He works in Milan.
How are things?
Pleased to meet you, Mr Toncini.
Have a seat, Giovanni,
Do you know Brian Turner?
1) How are you?
2) do you know Brian Turner?
3) He works in Milan.
4) Please to meet you, Mr. Tokini.
5) Have a seat, Giovanni.
6) Cream and sugar, please.
2. Role play based on the completed conversation on Page 8. (5’)
work in groups, make dialogues according to the following situations in a proper way, and remember to use the expressions we learnt.
greeting---responding to greeting---introducing other people---giving information about other people---the other two introducing each other