Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Each Man is an Island
2. - Fr. used to write a weekly column, The Mustard Seed,in the Manila Chronicle.
"Speaking in his very gentle and convincing way, Fr. Galdon shows his readers how to see God and converse with Him in even the most mundane situations. Fr. Galdon infects us to see God and to reach out to Him from the most mundane of our day... Fr. Galdon suggests that everything and everyone should inspire us to ask for God''s blessing." - Dolly T. Dy
3. James Baldwin
Each one of us is an island unto himself, and the bridges that lead to other people have been destroyed by conflicts of race, sex, and self-interest.
6. . . . Says . . . Simon & Garfunkel:
I am a rock
I am an island. I build walls that none may penetrate.
7. There is something we can do. We can build bridges. There is a gift that all of us can give, no matter how poor in money or in talent: hold out your hand and let your heart be in it.
-Fr. Joseph Galdon, S.J.
8. Anniephil Joy P. Pleto
10. Sources: English Expessway (textbook)
11. Comprehension Check Activity 1
Whats the difference between the saying No man is an island and Each of Man is an Island, based on your understanding.
How is the word bridge described by James Baldwin?
Why do you think that man is compared to an island?