Our Objective Tonight. Accurately define the acronym AYPInform parent about Harmony's NJASK scores for 2009-2010Answer any myths and/or misconceptions about our statusInform our stakeholders. No Child Left Behind. President George W. Bush signed law January 2002.Revised form of Elementary and
1. Harmony School AYP Parent Meeting February 23, 2011
Erik M. Paulson, Principal
2. Our Objective Tonight Accurately define the acronym AYP
Inform parent about Harmony’s NJASK scores for 2009-2010
Answer any myths and/or misconceptions about our status
Inform our stakeholders
3. No Child Left Behind President George W. Bush signed law January 2002.
Revised form of Elementary and Secondary School Act of 1965 and Improving America’s Schools Act of 1994.
Linked to Federal Funding
All public school students must achieve 100% proficiency in literacy and math by 2014.
Individual states set benchmarks, develop assessments.
Total student population and subgroup scores are reportable.
Reportable subgroup size is 30.
Each year we learn of revisions
4. Harmony Test Background Testing occurs across three grade levels
Grade 3 and 5 – LAL and Math
Grade 4 – LAL, Math, and Science
Test was taken over a three week span during the month of May 2010
5. What is AYP? Adequate Yearly Progress