Human Reproduction. Review. Both males and females produce specialized sex cells called “gametes.” Each gamete contains ½ of the genetic information to form a new individual. Fertilization: Joining of egg and sperm. . The Male Reproductive System. Main function: produce and deliver sperm
Sperm produced here
Vas Deferens from scrotum to urethra
-Seminal vesicles provide fluid that “nourishes” sperm.
- Bulbourethral gland and prostate gland create a fluid that makes sperm resistant to acid.
**Sperm + Glandular secretions = SEMEN.
1.) Make and release eggs.
2.) Nourish the developing fetus.
Fertilization occurs here
1.) FSH (Follicle stimulating hormone)
- Causes follicles to mature.
2.) LH (Leutinizing hormone)
- LH causes at least one follicle to burst open—
1.) Physical forms
- Condoms block the sperm from getting
2.) Chemical forms
- “The pill.” Prevents release of FSH and
- Result = No ovulation. Normal menstrual
Pregnancy is divided into 3, three month segments called “trimesters.”