Unit IV Lecture 8 Questions & Answers. [email protected] Presented By V. Vaithianathan, AP/ECE. Explain what is meant by a Stuck-at-1 fault and a Stuck-at-0 fault. This is straight from the text – Section 184.108.40.206. A Stuck-at-1 means that a node is shorted to VDD.
3. Explain the different kinds of physical faults that can occur on a CMOS chip and relate them to typical circuit failures.
4. Explain the terms controllability, observability, and fault coverage.
5. Why is it important to have a high fault coverage for a set of test vectors?
6. Explain how serial-scan testing is implemented. set of test vectors?
7. Explain the principles of Built-in Self-Test (BIST). What are the advantages and disadvantages of BIST?
8. Explain how a Pseudo-Random Sequence Generator (PRSG) can be used to test a 16-bit data path. How would the outputs be collected and checked?
10.You have to design an extremely fast divide by eight frequency divider that taxes the capabilities of the process you are using. What test strategy would you employ to test the divider? Explain the reasons for your choice.