Biology – 6 Weeks Test Review. April 14 & 15. Warm-Up 4/14 (In your notebook). Quite unexpectedly, a volcano nobody knew existed erupts behind the Bowie greenbelt. The greenbelt will need to regrow. Draw the succession you would expect to see as it grows back to what it once was.
Biology – 6 Weeks Test Review
April 14 & 15
10) Draw a graph for and briefly describe the 3 types of natural selection we have studied. (Think peppered moths, longhorns, and birth weight.)
9) List and briefly describe 5 ways we observe evidence for evolution.
8) Describe and give an example of 2 types of genetic isolation.
7) Draw a flowering plant and label: anthers, filament, petals, sepals, stigma and style. At the bottom, give me a short description of the function of each part.
6) What kind of adaptations does a plant that relies on wind dispersal for its seeds have?
5) What kind of adaptations does a plant that relies on animal dispersal for its seeds have?
4) How would you define phototropism, gravitropism, and thigmotropism in your own words?
3) List the classification order from most general to most specific.
2) Explain how the classification system (usually looking at Genus and Species) help us quickly figure out what organisms are most closely related if we know nothing else about the animal.
1) Name all 6 Kingdoms. Give me 3 key features that will help you identify organisms from each Kingdom.